01 June 2012

3 in 1 Maxi Skirt - Part 2

Hello, everyone! Hope you all had a great week and looking forward for a well deserved weekend.  For me it is going to be a busy weekend with final preparation for the boys' exam that starts on Sunday plus celebrating Captain's birthday!  Yes, my husband turns 44 today!

Like a good vintage, he has grown to be wiser, cuter ;D (I like the salt and pepper look ala George Clooney haha) and a better person over all.  I would like to take this opportunity to wish him all the best life could offer and may God bless him, always.. Ti amo, Amore!


Speaking of birthday celebration, this was me yesterday on the way out for dinner with Captain.  As promised in my last post, in this post I styled this maxi skirt as a shorter dress by folding the top part and using a belt to give a better silhouette.  The blazer is essential for me since during the summer Dubai can be freezing in door especially in the cinemas and malls. Plus as I explained here, I always try to follow the correct dress protocol when in public.


I don't normally spend a lot of money on shoes as I wrote here but Captain actually splurged on this pair from RODO for me sometimes back.  It is a beautiful pair and I normally wear them with dresses.  We went to the showroom in Milan and I liked them instantly and brought them home!







Outfit

Maxi skirt worn as shorter dress : Splendid (white version) (slit version on sale)
Blazer : Stradivarius (last styled here)
Belt : Pepe Jeans
Shoes : Rodo (http://www.rodo.it/)
Clutch : Vintage
Accessories : Vintage cuff and choker from H&M 

25 comments:

  1. So classy and chic, you look amazing! These colors are perfect for you :)

    love, CS
    http://colorfulsense.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olá, gostei muito do seu estilo e do seu blog.

    Me faça uma visita para seguirmos uma à outra

    beijos da Ana
    fionotear.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so amazing!!!! I love the blazer especially. It's such a nice pop of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice touch with the blazer!

    http://fashionroll.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your husband. The maxi skirt looks great as a dress. You can't even tell it was a skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fantastic way of wearing the maxi skirt. I've always thought that a maxi skirt/dress is only for casual occasions but it can be a smart-casual outfit when paired with a blazer.

    BTW, I tried your pumpkin risotto recipe this week. Twice. I couldn't find a pumpkin so I used butternut squash instead. It was incredible! My daughter and her friend gobbled it down within minutes. I had several helpings myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Great! That recipe is perfect to 'cheat' the little ones into eating some vegetable :) Glad you all liked it

      Delete
  7. super chic! love this look!

    http://www.stilettosanddiaperbags.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love the maxi with the blue jacket as well! Looks so nice!! And of course, with the vintage clutch, it adds a nice touch!
    :)
    Allison
    afashionfiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK.. My closet monster still has not spewed out my gray maxi so I might have to coax him because I am loving this idea more and more. Great pairing with the blue blazer! Love those shoes!

    Hope you enjoy you weekend!

    http://danaslookbook.blogspot.com/

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  10. very elegant look! love the dress and clutch!
    Hugs from Poland

    Lona
    http://lenalona.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the chic look....esp the purse!!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am loving these posts! You look so cute! I love this!
    Creamy

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats on your hubby! this look is really chic :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie, for always supporting this little blog :)

      Delete
  14. I like how you folded up the dress to shorten the length. I'm on the shorter side, so the maxi dresses I've tried are usually too long for me. I'll have to remember this trick for next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love styling jersey maxis in different ways like this - they are so versatile! Hope you had a wonderful birthday.

    ♥ ThankFifi

    p.s. thanks for your sweet comment on my post.x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope your husband had a great birthday! Loved the look you put together!! Super classy and sophisticated! Thanks for following my blog! I am a new follower too! Cheers!
    xo,
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute. Very chic. We love it. Keep up the great work!

    11&Chic
    The site for women looking for stylish designer shoes in their size, size 11

    www.11andchic.com

    ReplyDelete

Say your thoughts!