30 March 2014

Soft Spring Palette


Last week Dubai was surprised with 2 days of unexpected rain.  It was getting hotter and I was almost sure that the good season was going to end but the 2 days rain definitely cooled the following days and we were blessed with fabulous weekend. To celebrate, I thought I would go out and enjoy the good weather, so I put together this look of soft color palette pairing of simple nude color t.shirt, my favorite mint color jeans and the light jacket I have been saving until now. 

This jacket was sent by Sammy Dress a few weeks ago for me to review and I as always promised do my best to give an unbiased thoughts to share with all of you. So lets start with what I like about it. First and the most obvious one was the color, I loved it from the moment I set eyes on it and I knew from then that it would go really well with my mint pants.  The cut was not bad too and the idea of using light fabric made it a perfect light jacket for spring/summer. But somehow the use of organza fabric made this jacket a tad stiff especially around the raglan sleeves.  Maybe with washes it would soften a bit and if that was the case, this jacket would be perfect. 

Price was also on the winning card of this jacket as it was so affordable (in fact all items on the website were) and some even with free delivery. For a jacket at that price, I have to say that it was quite well made overall and definitely this jacket would be my go to piece for this spring/summer.  It's quite versatile and could be dressed up or down. I could see myself wearing it over a maxi for a more elegant polished look and later with shorts and tank top for a day out on the beach!












:: Wearing ::

Jacket :: Sammy Dress
T. Shirt :: Club Monaco
Pants :: American Eagle
Brooch : Chanel
Shoes :: Zara
Bag :: Chanel



post signature

:: Link Up ::
Fizz and Frosting
On The Daily Express
More Pieces Of me

27 comments:

  1. Stunning! I love the neutral colors with the mint. The jacket looks floaty and drapey...so you know I love it. Hopefully it softens up a bit for you!
    Debbie
    www.fashionfairydust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We share the same taste here and there, Debbie :)

      Delete
  2. Very pretty for your hot weather.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. C, I would think the jacket and the shirt were a set. This look is fantastic and so chic! Very light, perfect for your weather there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was lucky with the color of the tee and jacket. I bought the tee last year on my trip to SF and love the texture.. very soft!

      Delete
  4. Great outfit! Love it paired with the mint colors.

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. soooooooooooooooooooooooooo adorable look , love that CC bag!

    Un Rincón Para Mis Botas
    http://fiorellaechegaray.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the jacket! It looks light and airy .. perfect for spring. I'm sure with a few washings and fabric softener, the jacket will soften up.

    Monica, www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    PS: so sorry you're having difficulty posting on my blog. My blog is moving to word press this week, so perhaps that will solve the issue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The color combination is so perfect! The look is all about spring and the trends of the season of course. You look very chic and ladylike.
    http://redreticule.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bogi :) Coming from a fashionista like you it means a lot :)

      Delete
  8. When I saw this on insta I thought it was a shirt and really liked it; I LOVE it even more now that I see it's a cute, soft, springy jacket. The outfit is very elegant in an understated way and then boom the pop of color gives it vibrancy and makes it perfect! Love your shoes and of course Chanel bag! Hope you are having an amazing Sunday! XOXO, Elif

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elif :) Yes, I love the mix of color too, quite striking actually

      Delete
  9. Your Soft Spring Palette is Beautiful. I am loving how simple and clean White & Turquoise looks. I like the addition of the flower pin, too. I can totally copy this with my own clothes. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pin has been in the closet for far too long. I was mad for Chanel's camellia pins at one time and bought myself a few but hardly used them :(

      Delete
  10. So beautiful! And wow do those sunglasses look good on you :) I wish I could wear such big ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have quite a wide face, so big sunnies work best for me. I cannot do those small, narrow type, make me look odd ;)

      Delete
  11. Gorgeous color palette, and well, that Chanel is just divine!
    Thanks for linking up!
    Carylee | Morepiecesofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful outfit and color scheme! I love those Zara shoes and regret not getting them when they were in stock...especially when I see how perfectly they pair with an outfit like this!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mint and white, says fresh and cool - one of my favourite combinations for warm weather. You look lovely, my dear!! The mint flower adds the perfect touch to this outfit. Great photos!!

    ♥ carmen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the colours together! :)

    http://www.fashionjazz.co.za/blog-outfit-day-10/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty Mrs. C! I like this blue with the lights. Again you shoes and bag are outstanding. You have great taste and these pictures are delightful.

    blue hue wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your colored jeans! This is such a classy outfit. Fantastic look for you!
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are definitely the picture of elegance Mrs. C.....I can't take my eyes off that CHANEL!!! :-)

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree, very nice outfit and great soft summer jacket . Would be ideal to hide my old arms and still be cool. Great shoes too (never would have guessed they were Zara).
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete

Say your thoughts!