A classic handbag does not have to carry a price tag that is that heavy but it is important for it to have the characteristic of a timeless bag that will last years in our wardrobe. These are my key points to look for when choosing a classic handbag :
- Clean lines and simple design. No fussy details.
- Made out of good quality leather that showcase the quality of the bag
- Can go from day to night, casual to formal
- In basic neutral colors like black, tan, brown or grey
- Hand held or shoulder carry or both
Chanel Timeless Flap (Maxi)
Louis Vuitton Speedy 25 in Epi Leather
Mulberry Bayswater in embossed leather
Take time to decide the type of bag that suits your budget and your lifestyle the most. Browsing through the internet is nice but nothing like going to the store and try on the bags. That way you'll get the feel of the bag if it is heavy or if the size suits your body frame. We don't want to end up looking like we are carrying a piece of luggage, do we?
My 2010 Black Chanel Timeless Flap (Jumbo)