07 December 2014

Tested : UGG Adirondack Boots


So, off to Amsterdam I went after 20 years and spent the whole week in the fabulous city. I have to say I went prepared. I did my research and it came out the weather was going to be somewhere between 10 and 2 degrees Celsius with almost 90% humidity! (which made it feels like -3 instead) Light rain was also forecasted here and there. Honestly, I can stand cold weather but mostly the dry cold. I was in Paris one year in February and the temperature went down to -2 degrees low and there I was going around town perfectly. It's the humidity that I cannot stand. Just chill me to my bone! 

So for the trip I decided that I needed a warmer, comfortable pair of shoes. And after much consideration, I went with Adirondack Boots by UGG Australia. I was impressed and convinced by the 300 over positive reviews and went ahead with them. The result, I couldn't be more happy with them. My feet were cozy, warm and very comfortable. It got better after a few days of wear. They felt a bit bulky the first few use but once I got used to them, it was smooth sailing all the way. These boots are waterproof, fully shearling lined and come in 4 colors. They can be worn up of cuffed at the ankles into a short boots but I prefer to wear them up like the military boots. These boots have been tested and approved for cold temperature all the way down to -20 degrees, making them a great pair of snow boots. I had a chance to meet up with an old school friend in Amsterdam and she too had the same pair of shoes and couldn't say enough good things about them.

So, if you are looking for a warm pair of boots for this winter, I would highly recommend  these Adirondack boots by UGG Australia. Unlike their sisters the classic unflattering UGG boots (of which I also love!), this pair is stylish  yet they will not fail to keeping your feet warm!
 











post signature

23 comments:

  1. Those boots do look deliciously warm...love them in the brown.
    Debbie
    www.fashionfairydust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was thinking that I should have gotten them in brown too.. mine are in black

      Delete
  2. such a perfect winter boot!! and they just look so warm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those boots look perfect for the winter and the slushy snow! practical and stylish, my kind of shoe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are some fabulous Ugg boots! Love how perfect they are for the snow.
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine they would be.. I can only imagine though ;)

      Delete
  5. You are brave Mrs C! I'm totally intolerant to the cold (call me a spoiled CA girl lol;). But these Ugg boots would definitely keep my feet warm! P.S. I hear you on the hat issue (ordering when you haven't tried it on). Hats fit so weird, but hopefully if it doesn't work out you can return it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live in the desert, so I know exactly what you are saying :) I'm still contemplating the hat issue.. but I really love myself a nice floppy hat this season

      Delete
  6. Wow good luck to you my friend - love those UGGs hope it would protect you from the cold!! Wishing you the best of the holidays!!!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, these are some boots... must be fantastic with snow. Although when it comes to snow and ice, so-called warm boots don't always cut it: you need a good grip (to avoid slipping on ice...). When it comes to warmth, I swear by thermasoles (=insoles you put in any boots) as they block the cold from the ground.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to look for this thermasoles.. sounds perfect!

      Delete
  8. wow , i fall in love with this boots , i need one !!! perfect for winter dont you think? muaa

    Te espero en : Un Rincón Para Mis Botas blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the cold and hate, HATE humidity. We've had mild weather all December so far but it's been humid so I haven't been in the best of moods lol. I've seen these online before, they're not that huge in Australia though but I guess we don't have snow and cold, cold weather so...

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, humidity kills the mojo of cold weather of which I love too!

      Delete
  10. Gosh, they look so snug and warm.
    Of course, much as I love them I always end up buying something completely unpractical for our UK winters and end up spending winters in inappropriate footwear such as stiletto shoes. Tsk.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can't go wrong with these winter boots! Wish I have one but I have something similar a pair of LL Bean and Sorel boots, got them second hand. I've seen those UGG adirondacks on eBay but their prices still have not gone down, it's very much on every ladies' wishlist.

    I've been slow and absent on the blogosphere the past month or so. Wishing you and your family Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They look lovely and warm... somebody just stole my Bass winter boots from my porch vestibule. So I will be keeping an eye out for something better once I can save my pennies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. They look so cosy with the lining! Glad they kept your feet warm and dry in Amsterdam :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the tip. It might come in handy if it starts snowing.
    Greetje

    ReplyDelete

Say your thoughts!