12 July 2012

Tailored Shorts and Sail Jacket - A little Award

I have been wanting a tailored shorts that is casual enough to wear daily, that is not too short or too long and I found it during the recent sale!  This pair from Mango was on 60% discount and I was thrilled! This is my first attempt to pair it (please excuse the flaw) and I decided on a pair of sail jacket from Massimo Dutti to go with.






:: Outfit ::

Shorts : Mango (on sale)
Top : Old
Jacket : Massimo Dutti (sold out)
Shoes : Geox Respira 
Bag : Fendi Twin Tote
Belt : Gucci
Accessories : Chanel and local goldsmith

I have recently been nominated for the Liebster blog award by 2 fabulous bloggers With Each Passing Day and Phiphi's Blog. It was very sweet of them, thanks! The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The Meaning; Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome. (Hmm, can't actually point out which one is me ;))

Here are the rules for receiving this award:

1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create 11 more for those you tag
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. Remember, no tag backs!

11 things about myself :
  1. I hate wasting especially food.. I think it is a slap on the face of poverty.
  2. I look exactly like my mother and I know how I would look like in 20 years' time.
  3. My standard motivation speech to my sons normally starts with “Guys, I am no Rockefeller and the only thing I can give you is education…” and they would moan “Ok, here we go again..” :) 
  4. I share birthday with Jennifer Lopez and same year too! (Oh wow, what an achievement! ;D)
  5. I cannot live in a white walled house, I can go bonkers!
  6. I wish I am currently living in the States, in California to be exact where the weather is fabulous all year round!
  7. I prided myself for being able to multi-task superbly! 
  8. I would love to be in Amazing Race challenge with my sister Shaz as my partner.  I know my husband would be crushed but honey, I want to win! ;D
  9. I love to organize parties. When I was younger living with some girlfriends, we used to have theme parties every weekend!
  10. I live a block away from the best beach in town but I hardly go and I know I will regret this, so this fall/winter I will make a point to go more (now is too damn hot!)
  11. I wish I made more friends here in Dubai


Each Passing Day's questions to me :
  1. If you were given the chance to meet your favorite blogger, who would it be and why? Dana (Dana’s Lookbook). I could totally relate to her and think we could spend a day hanging out and I would not be intimidated and can be my goofy self with her ;D
  2. What is your favorite movie? An Italian movie called 'Malena' with Monica Belluci.  The story is just real and makes you laugh and cry.
  3. What is the one thing you cannot live without? My family
  4. Do you speak another language?  I speak some Italian, I learned so that I would be    able to communicate with my husband’s parents and relatives that don’t speak English.
  5. What country have you visited or would like to visit? I am lucky as my husband is a pilot and travelling is very affordable for us but there are place that I have always wanted to visit but has yet to do so like Bora-Bora Island and Jamaica.
  6. If you could have any person's wardrobe collection, who would it be? Blogger : Kat’s from Does My Bum Look 40 in this? OR What She Wore 365's - with my bags in it. Celebrity : Angelina Jolie’s with my jeans in it :)
  7. Have you ever done anything spontaneous? Oh, yes! Once me and my good friend were just relaxing while listening to some music after a late dinner at home and suddenly we decided to just pack and drive with no particular destination! We ended up on a small beach 4 hours later and called my boyfriend (now husband) 6,000 miles away to join us.  He arrived 24 hours later and our week long impromptu vacation started!
  8. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Surf!
  9. What is one word that would describe your personality? Accommodating
  10. What was the best advise your mom ever gave you? Don’t be too thin
  11. If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose to be? Agent Salt :D she rocks! 
Phiphi's questions :

1. what is your biggest fear?  Fear of loosing 
2. in terms of your job/studies, did you end up doing what you thought you would when you were younger? Nope, I wanted to be a DJ
3. if you could buy one thing without worrying about the price tag, what would it be? A Ferrari for my husband
4. what is your idea of a relaxing day? Window shopping followed by lunch by myself
5. how did you meet your best friend? We used to frequent the same club and had a regular spot in the club next to each other.  For months I saw her but never said anything to her and one night, it just happened that we ended up talking and clicked!
6. what is your biggest pet peeve? Talking parrot
7. if you could have an alternate career, what would it be? Party Planner
8. what is your favourite season and why? Winter, but in Dubai because it is not too cold
9. what is your greatest accomplishment? A TV show I produced back home won an award (local) for Best Comedy show
10. where do you see yourself in 5 years? Still here in Dubai doing the same thing
11. if you could change one thing from your youth, what would it be? Nothing. I had a blast and I learned from all the silly mistakes I made that later made me a better person.



My questions are :

  1. Are you a bag or shoe person?
  2. One item you haven’t got but wish you could have?
  3. Finish this sentence: My favorite blogger style is of..
  4. What does your partner/husband think of your style?
  5. What is the most adventurous thing you've done?
  6. You have a pair of plain tee and jeans on, pick one item to dress this up?
  7. What is the most you've spent on an item and what was it?
  8. What is your favorite clothing brand?
  9. What is your favorite item in your closet?
  10. You have a lunch date with your dream celebrity (Brad Pit, George Clooney or anybody) how would you dress?
  11. What is the best fashion advice you can give anybody?

11 bloggers (it was not easy looking for blogs with less than 200 followers plus it made me realised that I am in the minority!) I would like to pass this award to with a message - "Chin up ladies, soon we'll be there ;D"










1

40 comments:

  1. Love, love, love so much you're outfit.

    A lot of kisses, dear ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your outfit! Thank you so much for including me.

    xo Jo

    http://whiterosesandcoffee.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jo! I was going to buzz you but you were faster ;D

      Delete
  3. love your blog <3 It's really fantastic <3 may we can follow each other? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your entire look!


    Thank you for commenting and visiting my blog!

    Tomorrow new outfit post!
    Irene :)

    http://thechichut.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great look! Love you answers to these questions!

    http://fashionroll.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mrs. C. Thank you for your comment. I enjoyed this post very much. I love reading fact about the blogger. You're so lucky you get to visit so many place. I love how you and your friend just decided to drive somewhere out of the blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to you! Isn't it fabulous to get to know each other a bit more? Makes us real rather than just some faces with fancy clothes ;D

      Delete
  7. love the sunglasses, gorgeous!!

    nishalooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the award! It's great to read your responses and get to know you a bit more.

    I love Bermuda shorts! They look so chic!

    XO Jenny
    www.crazystylelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. aww congrats on your awards!! I loved learning more about you!! I never knew you were so into partying ;)
    :)
    Allison

    P.S. I'm having an INTERNATIONAL $75 Shopbop giveaway on my blog, so don't forget to enter! :)
    A's Fashion Files
    $75 Shopbop Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your outfit is adorable and I like the more dressy elements paired with that edgy tee! I also loved reading about you and your husband and friends - the travel perks of having a husband pilot are amazing, I'm sure! I have an aunt that retired from AA, and she gets me passes, although because I'm a d3, I don't get first very often. But when I do ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Long shorts can be tricky - too long and you look cut off - not long enough and they just don't work for certain office settings, etc. I think you did an excellent job finding your pair and styling accordingly. I especially love your belt choice!

    Congrats on the award - I LOVE reading more about my favorite bloggers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on having received an award for your show. What an accomplishment! Thank you for including me in your list :) Your shorts are great and they look so nice with your black wedges!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh WOW! So where do I begin?!?! It's 3 am here and my brain is muddled but THANK YOU SO much!
    Yeah! I definitely think that we can hang out and be goofy together! Maybe go to Disneyland and get some Goofy hats!! haha
    I would definitely be Agent SALT!! Especially if it involves some rockin' outfits!!
    Lucky you! Hubby being a Pilot! Travel is easier.
    I love to organize parties too! That's neat that you share B'Day with JLo!
    So come on over to fabulous Cali! We can hang out in Malibu all day!
    Totally loved that you're willing to ditch Hubby to WIN! Way to go! (smirk)

    http://danaslookbook.blogspot.com

    XOXO Dana

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love a good sail jacket, it looks amazing with that top! Cool print.

    xx
    Couture Caddy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your blog and I love your motivation speech to your sons!!!^^

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the cut of that white jacket, it looks fab on you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations!! Oh when can we register for amazing race???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lets! Martin could start a team with Bob hahaha! I think we could totally win :D

      Delete
  18. The bermuda shorts look great on you! Congrats on the award!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great post !

    Love your outfit so much!!

    You look FABOULOUS !

    Just stopped by your blog!
    Loved it instantly so I have no choice but to follow you around!!

    Please feel free to check out my blog if you have the time

    Love,

    Janice
    the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janice! Will swing over soon :)

      Delete
  20. Awesome job on your post! You look amaze and are gorgeous! I am in love with your belt and mango shorts!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on the award! And thank you so much for including me, so very sweet <3 (It might take a while before I do the post because I just did something similar)

    Anyway, I love your outfit. Looks great :)


    x
    Angie
    sundaybelle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, Angie.. it is all for good fun :)

      Delete
  22. Lovely look! I've been looking for a similar pair of walking shorts for a while but haven't yet found the right one! Congratulations for the award and thanks a bunch for stopping by and commenting! You have a wonderful blog and I'm your new follower!
    Love
    Juneli from Fashionably Yours

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've enjoyed reading your answers and anecdotes. What's the comedy you produced? I should make more of an effort to stay connected with what's going on in Malaysia but it can difficult seeing that I haven't lived there for decades.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Decades? Hmm, not sure if you know it, then BUT it was a sitcom called Spanar Jaya, about a car workshop with Deanna Yusoff as the main star. I was the producer for the 5th season :)

      Delete
  24. Love the tote!

    kat
    aneyeforfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks, Diana..will do so soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. thanks so much for commenting on my blog..I was wondering if you would like to follow each other..let me know on my blog!!:) thanks..

    nishalooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations on your award! That's fun that you wanted to be a DJ. I own a DJ equipment store. Well my husband runs it. I just order what he tells me to order.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  28. You look beautiful as usual! Have a beautiful and fashionable weekend!
    Xox
    Borka
    http://chicfashionworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. congrats on the award!! loved getting to learn more about you : )

    xo SideSmile,
    Ashley

    Ps. Don't forget to enter my
    Bandiez Couture Headband Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congrats on the award! I actually am awarding you one as well :)

    It will be up on my blog in the morning!

    The Pretty Pinhead

    ReplyDelete
  31. You totally paired it nicely! And I love, love, LOVE that you were able to get it on sale. Sweetness!

    ReplyDelete

Say your thoughts!