Summer is definitely approaching us here in Dubai. Everywhere I look I can see the tell tale of it. The most prominent one is of the gardener coming in twice a day to water the plants. My household is slowly but surely starting to prepare for the harsh season. Do you have checklist of things to do before summer? If yes, what are they? Here are mine :
1) Move all garden furniture indoor or cover them so that they will not rot in the summer heat.
2) Make sure we service the air-conditioning system so that it would not fail on us in the middle of summer!
3) Upgrade or get better Sky TV deals/entertainment packages. God forbid if we are stuck indoor with 50 degrees Celsius plus 75% humidity outside and nothing to watch but re-runs of Love Boat episodes!
4) Switch off all water heaters. We don't need water heaters when the water than runs through bathrooms and kitchen is as hot as boiling water. Instead we need water cooler for utility purposes.. hmm, is there such a thing?
5) Bring out all my fabulous maxis or get more especially the ones with bright colors!
Out of all, I love number 5 the best. Well, what's there not to love about maxis? I got this electric blue maxi last summer and it was one of last year's best buys. It can be dressed up or down and I especially love the slits on both sides that add movement to this already soft chiffon. Frankly I prefer the easy laidback take on this dress by pairing it with simple denim jacket and glittery sandals for more casual spring/summer look.
Well, summer can be a dread but I would rather braze through summer in something as fabulous as maxis! Are you stocking up on maxi this spring/summer?
:: Outfit ::
Dress : Forever 21 (old)
Jacket : Salsa
Bag : Balenciaga City
Sandals : Mystique