I have been wanting a tailored shorts that is casual enough to wear daily, that is not too short or too long and I found it during the recent sale! This pair from Mango was on 60% discount and I was thrilled! This is my first attempt to pair it (please excuse the flaw) and I decided on a pair of sail jacket from Massimo Dutti to go with.
:: Outfit ::
Shorts : Mango (on sale)
Top : Old
Jacket : Massimo Dutti (sold out)
Shoes : Geox Respira
Bag : Fendi Twin Tote
Belt : Gucci
Accessories : Chanel and local goldsmith
I have recently been nominated for the Liebster blog award by 2 fabulous bloggers With Each Passing Day and Phiphi's Blog. It was very sweet of them, thanks! The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The Meaning; Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome. (Hmm, can't actually point out which one is me ;))
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create 11 more for those you tag
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. Remember, no tag backs!
11 things about myself :
- I hate wasting especially food.. I think it is a slap on the face of poverty.
- I look exactly like my mother and I know how I would look like in 20 years' time.
- My standard motivation speech to my sons normally starts with “Guys, I am no Rockefeller and the only thing I can give you is education…” and they would moan “Ok, here we go again..” :)
- I share birthday with Jennifer Lopez and same year too! (Oh wow, what an achievement! ;D)
- I cannot live in a white walled house, I can go bonkers!
- I wish I am currently living in the States, in California to be exact where the weather is fabulous all year round!
- I prided myself for being able to multi-task superbly!
- I would love to be in Amazing Race challenge with my sister Shaz as my partner. I know my husband would be crushed but honey, I want to win! ;D
- I love to organize parties. When I was younger living with some girlfriends, we used to have theme parties every weekend!
- I live a block away from the best beach in town but I hardly go and I know I will regret this, so this fall/winter I will make a point to go more (now is too damn hot!)
- I wish I made more friends here in Dubai
Each Passing Day's questions to me :
- If you were given the chance to meet your favorite blogger, who would it be and why? Dana (Dana’s Lookbook). I could totally relate to her and think we could spend a day hanging out and I would not be intimidated and can be my goofy self with her ;D
- What is your favorite movie? An Italian movie called 'Malena' with Monica Belluci. The story is just real and makes you laugh and cry.
- What is the one thing you cannot live without? My family
- Do you speak another language? I speak some Italian, I learned so that I would be able to communicate with my husband’s parents and relatives that don’t speak English.
- What country have you visited or would like to visit? I am lucky as my husband is a pilot and travelling is very affordable for us but there are place that I have always wanted to visit but has yet to do so like Bora-Bora Island and Jamaica.
- If you could have any person's wardrobe collection, who would it be? Blogger : Kat’s from Does My Bum Look 40 in this? OR What She Wore 365's - with my bags in it. Celebrity : Angelina Jolie’s with my jeans in it :)
- Have you ever done anything spontaneous? Oh, yes! Once me and my good friend were just relaxing while listening to some music after a late dinner at home and suddenly we decided to just pack and drive with no particular destination! We ended up on a small beach 4 hours later and called my boyfriend (now husband) 6,000 miles away to join us. He arrived 24 hours later and our week long impromptu vacation started!
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Surf!
- What is one word that would describe your personality? Accommodating
- What was the best advise your mom ever gave you? Don’t be too thin
- If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose to be? Agent Salt :D she rocks!
1. what is your biggest fear? Fear of loosing
2. in terms of your job/studies, did you end up doing what you thought you would when you were younger? Nope, I wanted to be a DJ
3. if you could buy one thing without worrying about the price tag, what would it be? A Ferrari for my husband
4. what is your idea of a relaxing day? Window shopping followed by lunch by myself
5. how did you meet your best friend? We used to frequent the same club and had a regular spot in the club next to each other. For months I saw her but never said anything to her and one night, it just happened that we ended up talking and clicked!
6. what is your biggest pet peeve? Talking parrot
7. if you could have an alternate career, what would it be? Party Planner
8. what is your favourite season and why? Winter, but in Dubai because it is not too cold
9. what is your greatest accomplishment? A TV show I produced back home won an award (local) for Best Comedy show
10. where do you see yourself in 5 years? Still here in Dubai doing the same thing
11. if you could change one thing from your youth, what would it be? Nothing. I had a blast and I learned from all the silly mistakes I made that later made me a better person.
My questions are :
- Are you a bag or shoe person?
- One item you haven’t got but wish you could have?
- Finish this sentence: My favorite blogger style is of..
- What does your partner/husband think of your style?
- What is the most adventurous thing you've done?
- You have a pair of plain tee and jeans on, pick one item to dress this up?
- What is the most you've spent on an item and what was it?
- What is your favorite clothing brand?
- What is your favorite item in your closet?
- You have a lunch date with your dream celebrity (Brad Pit, George Clooney or anybody) how would you dress?
- What is the best fashion advice you can give anybody?
11 bloggers (it was not easy looking for blogs with less than 200 followers plus it made me realised that I am in the minority!) I would like to pass this award to with a message - "Chin up ladies, soon we'll be there ;D"